Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Baby Quilts

I have always had a love for sewing. I remember my Great Grandma Eddie sitting me down to sew Barbie clothes when I was really little. Hand stitching was the only way to go! Her friends had all given her their scrap fabric from their projects and that's when I feel in LOVE! So many colors and textures (Barbie had a teal fur cape at one point), the possibles were endless. This is also where I inherited the "to-do" list from my father. I had so many outfits I wanted to make and as I got more fabric I would add 10 new outfits and I hadn't even completed 1.

I was blessed to be able to stay at home after I had our first child and decided making baby quilts for my friends would be a fun nap time event. Then I started an Etsy account and the Owl quilt I designed for Elias went crazy with orders and I just couldn't keep up, so I shut it down. I still love to quilt, I'm now working on baby Jaxson's quilt who should be here in a few weeks! There are some of the pictures from my previous projects!
Maddy's T-shirt Quilt



The famous OWL Quilt :)


No comments:

Post a Comment