Thursday, September 26, 2013

Anniversary

We just celebrated our 3 year anniversary on Sept 19th and I can't believe how much we have been through in our 3 short years. We have moved from FL to SC, bought a house, 2 cars, sold 3 cars, had 2 perfect baby boys, and found a great church home. Since the little ones are still so little, and Malachi doesn't is attached to me, we decided to do a family anniversary trip. I am SO glad we did. I know a lot of "experts" say you should take time away for just the 2 of you and leave the kids at home on your anniversary, but with the closest family in Missouri, that's a little hard to do.

To start off our 4 day weekend we got a babysitter for a few hours Thursday and went thrift/ antique store shopping (a favorite past time but with a little one on the RUN things get broken easily so we don't get to do this much anymore). Jayse and I got to eat lunch with just the 2 of us! then it was off to pick up the kiddos and get packed. I worked out great that we sold our Nissan Juke (Snoopy) to a guy up in Charlotte but that meant we had to drive up separately. So Friday morning I packed up the kids and Jayse drove the juke and we were off on our 2 hour journey to fun! I was super surprised at how well Elias did in the car, BOOKS and Juice saved me from a whiny little man. We got the Juke sold, then it was off to Ikea. I'm pretty sure Elias tested out most of their couches. After getting so remodeling ideas, it was off to the mall to get me some tea from Teavana. Then came bedtime :( We didn't end up getting both kids to bed until 11:30 ish!! Then they woke up at 7 AWW! That didn't seem to stop Elias's excitement when we went to Discovery Kids though! If you are in Charlotte and have kids, this is a must! We played all morning and Elias could of went back later in the day and played more! We decided to head back after lunch in hopes the babies would take their afternoon naps (which they did!),


                          Elias, "WEE"                                                                               Just Chillin
                         Malachi, "Slow down Crazy driver"


Jayse did a great job making the trip special for me. Not only did I get to spend a long weekend with all 3 of my boys, Jayse got me an edible arrangement (I've always wanted one), chocolate covered strawberries (probably my favorite thing to eat in the world) and booked us at Double Tree...FREE COOKIES! I am so incredibly blessed to have the husband I do. He is a wonderful Daddy and an even better husband. I can't wait to spend many many many more years with him!




Yummy awesomeness

No comments:

Post a Comment